- Microgreens are young vegetable greens that are gaining popularity, tall vegetables that have variation between 1 to 3 inches (2.5 cm to 7.5 cm). It’s aromatic flavor and concentrated nutrient content makes it unique and is available in variety of colors and textures. Microgreens leaves are rich in edible oil.
- Rich in Nutrients, microgreens are healthy, offering larger amounts of Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants. These benefits help reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Microgreens can be grown from various seeds, further to which their taste depends on the variety and quality.
- Microgreens are considered safe to eat. They can be easily available in the market but when planning to grow at home, needs special attention to the quality of seeds, with proper care.
MICROGREENS LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE : Foods rich in Fiber and Vitamin K are helpful in maintaining a healthy blood pressure.
MICROGREENS HELP FIGHT CANCER : A compound ‘Sulforaphane’ found in high levels in broccoli sprouts helps fight cancer.
MICROGREENS HELP LOWER CHOLESTEROL : Red Cabbage Microgreens lowers the levels of liver cholesterol that harms the heart and leads to liver failure. But intake of Red Cabbage Microgreens help fight this.
Microgreens are easy to grow in just few steps
- Buy Seeds : Look for mixed seed packets and microgreens growing kits
- Fill A Shallow Tray With Soil : Get a shallow seedling tray or pot with a drainage hole and fill to the top with light potting mix. The soil level should vary between 1 to 2 inches
- Plant Seeds : Once the tray gets ready, moisten the potting soil using a spray bottle and start to sprinkle seeds evenly over the soil so they are close but not layered. Mist the surface of the soil again for a soft thin layer
- Give Your Budding Plants Light And Water : Place trays in the west or south facing window and make sure the room temperature be 60 to 70 degrees. Don’t let the soil dry out
- Add Light And Water : After 3 to 5 days, seeds start poking through the soil. Make sure to give 12 to 14 hours of light per day. Make sure the roots are moist
- Harvest And Enjoy : Seedlings grow 1 to 2 inches tall and have about two sets of leaves, snip and prep. Rinse them and pat them dry to make it ready to eat. Harvested microgreens can be sprinkled on breakfast toast, salad and soup
HOW TO EAT
Enjoy the delicacy as seasonings in
or any other interesting way.